This is a classic that NEVER gets old! 🙂
I happened to have some ripe bananas at hand and I thought I’d whip up a batch that I could eat over the next couple of days. Just reheat them in the morning for a quick breakfast, or take them with you to work and microwave them for a minute for a delicious lunch.
If you ask me, pancakes are great any time of day! Enjoy! 😉
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1 cup oat flour (gluten-free)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/6 tsp. salt
- 2 scoops whey protein powder (I used Vanilla flavor)
- 2 tsp. stevia
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg (optional)
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup milk (lactose-free or any you prefer)
- 1 tps. vanilla extract
- 1 tbs. oil (coconut, macadamia nut, any you prefer)
Optional add-ins: chopped walnuts.
Possible substitutes: If you don’t have protein powder at hand, then leave it out and adjust the 2 missing scoops by adding 1/2 cup oat flour.
- Make your flax seed meal by grinding flax seeds in a blender till powdery, then put in medium bowl.
- Add all dry ingredients to medium bowl and mix well.
- In small bowl mix all wet ingredients, then fold into medium bowl and mix till batter is smooth.
- Mix in any add-ins here.
- Heat non-stick pan on medium heat, you don’t want it to be too hot. Use cooking spray if you think your pan might have tendency to stick.
- Give each side approximately 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Top with organic maple syrup and walnuts
- Enjoy 🙂