I think we can agree that Banana with Walnut is a fantastic combo, right? 😀
I love having my Banana Walnut Protein Pancakes in the morning, but I wanted to have a snack that I could take with my on-the-go and muffins are definitely my favorite post-workout snack. Plus it’s a great way/excuse to use those bananas you have in the kitchen that have perhaps gotten a little too ripe to eat.
By the way, you can easily ditch the protein powder if it isn’t your style. Just replace the 90 gr of protein powder with some extra oat flour and you are good to go! 😉
Ingredients (makes 12 – 16 muffins)
- 1 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 3 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. Stevia
- 2 egg whites
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tsp. oil (of your choice, I used coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup skimmed milk (I use lactose-free)
- Preheat oven to 170 C
- Make your oat flour and flax seed meal by grinding oats and seeds in the blender or processor.
- In a medium sized bowl mix all the dry ingredients together (oat flour, flax seed meal, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, stevia and salt)
- In the smaller bowl mix all the wet ingredients together (egg whites, mashed banana, vanilla, oil and milk)
- Fold the wet ingredients into the bowl with dry ingredients till batter is well mixed and smooth.
- Add the walnuts and gently fold into the batter.
- Pour into a greased (with cooking spray) muffin tray, filling them only halfway or 3/4 at the most as they will rise.
- Bake for 15 -18 min. Keeping a sharp eye to not overcook. Test with toothpick if it doubt, if it comes out clean, they are done.
- Let them cool before serving and enjoy!